• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CP4500 Monitor Hood (1 Viewer)

The X'tend-a-view Mini Pro is available from Warehouse Express at £33.99 - probably cheaper than paying P&P from the US.

Jessops also do one: a concertina-type thing but it works well and is attached with velcro for easy installation/removal. Quite cheap as I recall. If there's a disadvantage, I say that it makes the controls a bit more fiddly, but I can live with that.

Is the magnification on proper jobs of any benefit - does it make focussing any easier?

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Downie said:

Is the magnification on proper jobs of any benefit - does it make focussing any easier?

Al

Yes the 2x magnifier enables you to use the larger LCD screen as a camera viewfinder with your eye right up to it. It's still a bit grainy but I find it a lot better method for focusing.

Al Downie said:

Al

It makes things much easier if you normally use reading glasses, as you wont need them to check focus or settings.

Paul

Is not that similiar to the sunshade gadget which one fixes onto the lcd screen (usually with velcro),supplied by Eagle Optics,as that seems to magnify and it allows one to see the screen in bright sunlight.I find it neccessary,but a nuisance,as the velcro does not hold,and it is one more thing dangling on a string ,as it were ,along with the remote etc.But it does work and it magnifies the screen.
Christine.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back