• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Outback (2003 XVIII) (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
The weather was grotty – rain and mist – and we had dog in tow, so yesterday was just a quick walk around my Outback.

Unusually for me, I was able to ID a gull in flight, being an easily identifiable Black-headed Gull – although later, 13 on the (still less than 1/10th full) pond were even easier!

Other flocks were 50+ Starlings, about the same number of Chaffinch-like LBJs (which were almost certainly Chaffiches) and a smaller number other LBJs (perhaps Linnets).

Otherwise, fairly standard fayre, as follows.

Blackbird
Black-headed Gull
Blue Tit
Carrion Crow
Chaffinch
Long-tailed tit
Magpie
Mistle Thrush
Moorhen
Starling
Woodpigeon

Is that list just a species count or one of each species (sorry for my ignorance) it's just i can't beleive you only saw one Long-tailed Tit as I have always seen them as a group?

Just a species count Steve...

Yeah, there were a good few LTs and we couldn't move for Blue Tits, but I reckon most everything else was sheltering from the rain.

Didn't even see the Mallards on the pond!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back