• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BirdForum Digiscoping Weekend...A huge success. (1 Viewer)

Andy Bright

Administrator
Staff member
England
Birdforum.net's groundbreaking 'digiscoping weekend' residential course came to an end today. 20 birders are now ready to be unleashed upon the digiscoping world after being gieven the best advise available from Paul Hackett, Nigel Blake and myself.

Although the British weather was at it's most foul during the course (2 days of unrelenting heavy rain), a number of our guests braved the elements on Sunday to get some 'in the field' experience with Paul Hackett and Nigel Blake, whilst others decided to hone their talents at in-computer photo adjustments in a warm lecture room...I reluctantly stayed behind to help these individuals, someone had to eat the danish pastries ;)

I certainly enjoyed the weekend as much as the guests and we all thank Paul Hackett for his total commitment in helping everyone with a question and presenting the talks with an enthusiasm that infected all present. Also a big thank you to Nigel Blake for passing on his amazing knowledge on bird photography in general.

The first image below show Nigel Blake during his fieldcraft talk, which developed into a q&a session covering many aspects.
The second shows Paul Hackett inspiring the audience.

Attachments

• PH7.jpg
    PH7.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 240
  • NB22.jpg
    NB22.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 224
sparrowbirder said:
Andy, any ideas if any more of these are planned!! one up my neck of the woods would be quite handy!
Hi Andy, we don't have any firm details of another 'digiscoping weekend' for those from up north, though it's quite likely. Another residential Birdforum event is currently being organised (central England) that would include digiscoping tuition as an option to other activities. Keep your eyes peeled for that, but we may have northern digiscoping weekend for next year.
Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back