• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Double-crested Cormorant and Behavior? (1 Viewer)

jsbirdy08

I spotted what i believe were two Double-crested Cormorants the other say in a slough. They had the big size, long neck and the brilliant orange bill. The body was completely black. That is why I identified it as a Double-crested. The thing that really confused me was that across the slough were power lines. The two cormorants were perched power lines over the water:eek!:. The power line was about 15 to 20 feet over the water. Is this normal for these birds? I didnt believe that they perched because of their size and their webbed feet. And is what I saw really Double-crested Cormorants?

Thanks

Cormorants perch on the wires across the Schuylkill River in Philly all the time. They look like pigeons all in a row.

What's unusual to me about your sighting is that there were only 2 :)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back