• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa 883 filter problem (1 Viewer)

Pete58

Recently purchased a 883, excellent scope.
However I also purchased a 95mm filter for the objective. This unfortunately fits on the hood and not the objective, this effectively makes the hood useless. The 2 uses for the hood, keeping rain off the lens and stopping light coming from the side are no longer valid with a filter on the end. Rain will simply get on the filter etc etc.
There are threads on the objective which could take a filter does anybody know the exact size?
I have an estimate from a ruler but at the larger sizes filters are very expensive and I don't want to be out.
If I have missed something quite obvious please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back