• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egret by Sainsbury's Watchmoor Park (1 Viewer)

jort

Farnborough GU14
Morning,

Last evening, 6.30pm, I was just turning into Sainsbury's Watchmoor Park when an Egret flew overhead, coming to land just behind the supermarket (Meadows roundabout direction) - unfortunately I couldn't tell whether it was Little or Cattle. I'm pretty sure there is a small lake there.

As I'm unsure of identification, I haven't posted it within the Rare Birds forum, but thought local birders might find this information useful.

If anyone happens to pop down in that direction, could they let me know what it was?

Cheers - I'm off to Moscow and back now!

Update on the above - the bird in question is a Little Egret - now seen it three times in the same area.

To be honest have got rather blase about little egrets. 10 years or so ago there were a novelty when I saw them at Stockbridge. Now they are at several places near where I live by the upper reaches of the Test. I see one quite regularly from the car on a pond besides the road at Laverstoke, between Overton and Whitchurch on the B3400.

It's getting so the grey heron is rarer than the egret!

Beautiful birds though.

K.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back