• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Eye Shutter release-Chris S,Canada (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Thankyou to all who replied to my previous thread re Shutter releases,and Chris thankyou for your reply picked up this evening.I have now purchased the Eagle eye set up ,based on Andy's comment that it was more robust than the Jessops one(I am,unfortunately very clumsy!!)and on first impressions I am quite impressed.There is not the long space of time waiting for the image to travel from remote to camera as there was with the Nikon,but I now have another question,which perhaps you ,as a user of the Eagle eye can answer.
As the Nikon lcd part of the camera is swung around when one is using it to digiscope with,and in my case the camera part is tilted.Instead of bending or stretching to use the Lcd screen I tilt the camera.I have noticed that as it is tilted the release plunger can slide off the shutter button or it does not keep in place directly over the button as one is moving the scope around etc.
Is there anything which can be used to hold the bracket in place(the one the shutter cable is screwed into)so that it remains directly over the shutter button at all times,or when the camera is in use.
I do hope this makes sense to anyone who reads it.Perhaps there is nothing that can be done ,or perhaps someone has a tip which they find works.
Incidentally ,if anyone is thinking of purchasing one of these set ups,they seem okay.Very easy to assemble,I did have the cable release upside down until I realized one pressed the plunger and not manually hit the button with the flat part!! -There is one born every day:h?: - but I worked all out myself and the pics I took on the whole were clear with no camera shake,which is the whole point of the exercise.
Christine.

I just tighten everything up with a pair of pliers so everything is rock solid.
I have my cable-release bracket so that the main vertical support runs up along the right hand side of the camera's grip...a fraction in front of the stainless steel ring that you would attach the carrying strap to.
Regards,
Andy

Thanks Andy,I have printed off info for hubby to get to grips with the pliers.It will be interesting to compare this set up with the Nokia remote,it has been returned for repair/replacement.
Christine.

christineredgat said:
It will be interesting to compare this set up with the Nokia remote,it has been returned for repair/replacement.
Christine.
I'll pop into carphone warehouse and have a look for the Nokia remote ;) Though it wouldn't surprise me if Nokia ventured into Digiscoping, they do love their digiscoping in Finland.
Andy

Andy Bright said:
I'll pop into carphone warehouse and have a look for the Nokia remote ;) Though it wouldn't surprise me if Nokia ventured into Digiscoping, they do love their digiscoping in Finland.
Andy
Andy,you really must think I am a total dunderhead:eek!: Yes ,you know what I meant really,Nikon. Sorry,I,ve had this really nasty bug,and had to make more motorway trips so I,m even more muddled than usual,once Xmas is over should be back to normal!!.Normal for me that is.
Christine.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back