• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Belfast Lough and Eastern NI - May (1 Viewer)

MarkHows

Mostly Mammals
Hopefully someone can tell me what Belfast Lough RSPB will be like at the end of May, what birds etc. to expect.

plus any other good wildlife sites in Eastern NI as we will be travelling around a little

Thanks

Mark

If you go to the Norn Iron Local Patch thread people will be glad to help I'm sure.

Belfast Lough RSPB reserve is good at all times of the year but perhaps better in winter. There's breeding common and arctic terns there- but not sure if they would be back by May?

Oxford Island NNR and Portmore Lough RSPB near the south of Lough Neagh will be good for warblers at this time of year.

Mark have a flick through my blog. Go into history. Belfast harbour Reserve(RSPB) is excellent. I work nights so would probably have time to show you around if you are interested.

Thanks for the info, I have been to Oxford Island before but will try Portmore Lough and will be going to Rathlin Island and Belfast Lough.

Many Thanks

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back