• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

anyone bird near newport? (1 Viewer)

Hey use to live in that neck of the woods (was at HAUC). Didnt get out enough I have to say but Aqualate Mere NNR is quite good, public access is via footpaths from near the "Swan @ Forton". Also there was an area of rough scrub area at the end of Newport (furthest away from Chaney Hill and main road to HAUC) as you walk up the main high st to the round about on your right hand side (10-15 min from town) never went myself but worth the try. Hope that is of some help.

Fare enough - I did CM at HAUC. The HAUC estate has some places which might have something but I wouldnt hold my breath and certanly not when the students are there (Caynton Gorse perhaps, and down by Edgmond Hall).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back