• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Natural World - First Flight (1 Viewer)

helenol

Natural World - First Flight. Sunday 14 December, BBC2

Maybe worth taking a peek at this programme, about how "mankind's century of aeronautical design compares with natures 300 million years of evolution"

It was very interesting But they've cancelled Oddie!! I see the old tat program is still on Beeb 1

Did either of you see the Flying Squirrels this morning on BBC2?

helenol said:
Natural World - First Flight. Sunday 14 December, BBC2

Maybe worth taking a peek at this programme, about how "mankind's century of aeronautical design compares with natures 300 million years of evolution"

If only I'd known the schedules were going to go awry - because of ****** Saddam Hussein!!! Has anyone recorded it - if so, would you be willing to lend it to me? I'm furious!

Sorry Elizabeth, I didn't record it. I must admit though, the story of Mr Hussein was a significant one. So let's forgive them this time shall we...? :)

Pete, no I didn't. I was too busy"flying" around tidying up.

helenol said:
Sorry Elizabeth, I didn't record it. I must admit though, the story of Mr Hussein was a significant one. So let's forgive them this time shall we...? :)

Only if they let us know when it is going to be shown again, with plenty of advance publicity.

That Saddam has a lot to answer for they cut Bill Oddie so they could talk about him , i know which i would rather watch.

Thankfully I switched on thinking I was going to watch Bill Oddie and watched this programme instead. It was superb, especially the amazing shots of a Peregrine in a stoop then taking out a pigeon. Incredible stuff.

Reader said:
Thankfully I switched on thinking I was going to watch Bill Oddie and watched this programme instead. It was superb, especially the amazing shots of a Peregrine in a stoop then taking out a pigeon. Incredible stuff.

I don't suppose you recorded it? Our system was all set up - but because of the change of schedule, I only have the last 10 minutes or so. I'm just hoping someone out there can lend me a recording.

Totally missed it all!!! Grrrrr!!! Was late getting back home as missed bus...double Grrr!
Seem to remember b****y wars cancelling 'My Halcyon River' back in March...was really looking forward to that as well...not fair!!!

Gill

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back