• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EOS 350-d settings (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, this is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

I have taken the leap and bought a scope with adaptor etc. My set up is a Bresser Safari 20-60x60mm, with a purpose built bresser adaptor, a T mount, and finally a Canon EOS 350-d(Rebel). I connect the camera straight to the scope.

I am going to do a LOT of experimenting, but can someone give me a little push in the right direction please as to what are good settings to start off with ?.

A lot of the threads seem to refer to using a 28-50mm lens then a scope, is there any difference at all ?.

I know it can be done, having looked at some of the images posted by members here, Im absoultely speechless at how good they are. !

Thanks in anticipation.

HI. My usual settings are Av mode, ISO 800, AWB, maximal aperture, EXP compensation from -0.7 to 0.0 depending on histogram. CWA metering most of the time, except when there is a lot a black and white in the bird. In this situation I use multipattern metering. I use a 2sec mirror lock and remote control unless speed is >1/250sec, in which case I use continous shooting. My last picture on the gallery is a towee (with a lot of white and black) was taken using multipattern metering. Set the camera to manual focus.
I use the 350D and a 28mm f/2.8 canon lens, attached to a Pentax XW20 and Pentax PF80A scope. Jose

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back