• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Samsung Nv15 (1 Viewer)

ste1812

I Recently bought this camera and the adapters etc to fit my opticron but so far had terrible results. This is my first try at digiscoping has anyone else tried this if so any tips on the best setting

Thanks Steve

I used the NV10, but sold it because of operational issues. I got decent results.

You will have to be more specific about your "terrible results." Is it the focus? The exposure?

Thanks for replying allan camera is out of focus, dark images havent had a decent pic yet. What setting did you use on the nv10 because both cameras are similar
thanks steve

It's important to ensure that the aperture is wide open. The NV10/NV15 has no aperture priority -- I think I shot on program mode at max zoom. Normal focus, not macro.

Centering is important, of course. I used a home-machined adapter which slipped over the camera lens and onto the Pentax XW14 eyepiece of my scope.

I hope that somebody who is currently using the NV10 will respond, with more details on settings.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back