• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Migration Pakistan (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

I visited Haleji Lake in southern Pakistan and noticed that by 21st March there were no migrant bird species left only residents except a few Marsh Harriers. Then on the 15th of April I noted a large flock of birds maybe a 1000 or more on a lake further north - majority of the migrants were Shovelers and a Great Crested Grebe. Is nt that rather late?
There were shovelers noted at the end of march in a lake 100 miles from the on I saw them at.
I did note that in early april the weather in Pakistan did dip because of rains - an that at the same time in england there were snows. Was there colder weather than normal in europe an russia at that particular time ie early to mid april.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back