• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are there any truely quick release tripod heads?? (1 Viewer)

Paulyoly

I've been using a bogen 3130 with my canon 400mm f5.6L, but for me it takes to long sometimes to remove the camera from the tripod head, having to use two hands slows me down. Are there any tripod heads that allow you to simply pull straight up with the lens and it come off? I don't want to have to flip a switch.

I wouldn't have thought so, everything would fall off!!

I've noticed that the new quick releases are getting more and more complicated, I still like my manfrotto quick release, snap across the lever and the scope/camera falls out!

Ashley beolens said:
I wouldn't have thought so, everything would fall off!!

I've noticed that the new quick releases are getting more and more complicated, I still like my manfrotto quick release, snap across the lever and the scope/camera falls out!

Well i was hoping there was something made that would release with upward force, i have missed a few eagle shots because i was using the tripod at the time the eagle flew behind me, you just can't move with a tripod as freely as you can handheld. Maybe i will get a super light weight carbon fiber tripod and head so i can simply pick the whole thing up.

I'd go for the Manfrotto, too. Whilst you can't just pull up the camera/scope, it is fast enough for me. I should think that any just "pop-it-free" system would make it much too easy to dump everything on the ground.

quick release tripod

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I just bought a Canon pro shot 1 and use a
Slik U500 tripod and it has quick release legs (2 spots on each leg) and a quick release top for the camera. You just push the lever and the camera comes out. I have had no problems with it, also use it with my hevier telephoto lens attached. In fact, I use that quick release all the time.

Blessings, Margaret o:)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back