• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NE Spain site guide (1 Viewer)

Alan G

Can anyone suggest a decent site guide for the the NE area of Spain - Ebro Delta, Pyrenees, Zaragoza Plains?

Is the Gosney guide (cheap, lightweight & fits in your back pocket as its bendy) sufficient and still relevant or do I need to consider the 'Where to watch....' guide instead (more expensive, heavier, not bendy).

Cheers.

Alan

NE Spain

Can anyone suggest a decent site guide for the the NE area of Spain - Ebro Delta, Pyrenees, Zaragoza Plains?

Alan Hi

If there's anything in particular you're looking for, I'd be happy to give you some general pointers if the list isn't too long.

Beware that much road building has outdated km marks and most road names have changed over the last few years.

All the best

Much appreciated chaps.

Just waiting for Sleazyjet to announce their fares for next Spring and I'll be booking up.

A week in the Pyrenees (staying around Jaca or maybe Ainsa ) followed by a week near the coast (Tortosa, or some such) to concentrate on the Ebro and the Steppes areas.

If I need any specific advice I know where to come :)

Thanks

Is the Gosney guide (cheap, lightweight & fits in your back pocket as its bendy) sufficient and still relevant or do I need to consider the 'Where to watch....' guide instead (more expensive, heavier, not bendy).

Cheers.

Alan

Hi Alan, I was just in Catalunya for three weeks and had an absolute ball. I found Steve West's website absolutely wonderful - informative, easy to use...
You may well want to consider getting his book "where the birds are in northeast spain" - it will save you a huge amount of effort in finding the best spots and species in the area.

I also have a few posts on my birding blog of my travels and time there:
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back