• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kirtland's Warbler - tours (1 Viewer)

PONYRCR

I'm considering a trip to MI next year to try and see the Kirtland's Warber.

I see the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and the U.S. Forest Service both conduct guided tours for the Kirtland's Warber.

As anyone ever been on one of these tours? and if so which is the better of the two? when is the best time to go?

I've looked into this a little bit today and holy cow the Ramada Inn in Grayling, MI is already booked for the last two weekends in May. Any other decent hotels in that area?? I found some in Gaylord which looks to be about 30 minutes North of Grayling.

Any advice or tips welcomed.

Thanks.

I have gone on the tours out of Grayling...had luck both times (in June though). Just don't expect to see much more than the Kirtland's Warbler. It's a pretty low diversity habitat.

Not sure on good accomodations...I was staying in Traverse City with my parents, so I just drove the two hours to Grayling.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back