• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Almeria, Sites Guide (1 Viewer)

ronjax

Please could someone recommend a English language site(s) guide for the Almeria area give or take 50 miles or so,

Ronjax
ps also what is the best map of the area? I have one but it seems to cover all of the Costa , like trying to find your way around here( Merseyside) on a map that also has Carlisle, Anglesey York and Derby on it

John Butler's book Birdwatching on Spain's Southern Coast, and Garcia & Paterson's Where to Watch Birds Southern & Western Spain are both good, with John's book probably having the edge on detail.

I used the Michelin 1:400,000 Map when I was there and it did me Ok.

Thanks,

I've ordered "Butler" from Amazon. Will look for a decent map when I get there, ideally 1:50000 or 25000 like over here but then we're spoilt for decent maps in GB,

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back