• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Foreign Birds Picture quiz (1 Viewer)

pinkpigeon

As the quiz's yesterday proved so popular here is another selection of 10 pics (in 2 parts) of birds taken from the four corners of the world.

Ill see how people are getting on at lunch time GMT.

:h?:

Attachments

• yk.JPG
    yk.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 193
  • KN001013.jpg
    KN001013.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 201
2nd set of foreign bird pics

Numbers 6-7

For number 6 a point for each!

:h?:

Attachments

• DSC00315.jpg
    DSC00315.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 185
  • PICTURE_013.jpg
    PICTURE_013.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 173
  • eref.jpg
    eref.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00499.jpg
    DSC00499.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 184
Sorry Charles! Ive got things to do as well so Ill hold of for a while! As Im new to the forum guess Im a little over eager still ! :)

I agree with Charles. We've had several weeks with very few photo quizes and then half a dozen come along at once. It's all a bit too much for those of who are supposed to be getting on with work!

Some nice pics by the way PP. Have a feeling your name could provide a clue to where some of them were taken. ;)

Sorry guys. As Im new to the forum I didnt realise that it wasnt the norm to have a least 3 monster quiz's a day! Guess Im a little over eager! glad you like the pics. i'll ease off for a while. :)

Ye gods, thats difficult...
would need books to sort this out, but my first guess on two of the birds is:

7. Echo parakeet
10. Pink pigeon

pinkpigeon said:
Sorry guys. As Im new to the forum I didnt realise that it wasnt the norm to have a least 3 monster quiz's a day! Guess Im a little over eager! glad you like the pics. i'll ease off for a while. :)

You post what you want, 'pinkie'. It's their problem if they haven't got the self control not to attempt the quizzes you post.
Come on guys, how about a little encouragement for a new member?

Chris

Well said,Chris;none of the quizzes have to be done immediately,thus it is a good idea to set a date/time for answers with the larger ones.

Cheers guys, thats what i wanted to say, but wouldnt have put it as nicely as that! ;)

Ok answers on Sunday lunchtime GMT. If you want to post your guesses before then fine and I'll send you a private message and let u know your score.

Sound reasonable?

Apologies if my earlier remarks were discouraging (the 'cavalry' seem to think they were anyway!). It was really just a suggestion that it might be better to spread quizzes out, rather than have periods when there are loads followed by none for weeks (something that seems to happen). I'm not telling anyone when to post (as if I could!). The main reason I suggested this is because I like quizzes so much (thanks to all who prepare them) and so I'd like to have time to enter all of them and also have to have new ones coming up on a regular basis.

I'll try and maintain my fragile self control a little longer but will come up with a few suggested answers to this excellent quiz soon.:)

Hi Pinkie
nice pics - makes a change from boring pipits and wheatears.....everyone appears to have got out of bed wrong side today!

3 Streak-backed Oriole?
4 Bare-throated Tiger Heron

Being a total ignoramus about 99% of the planets birds, I'm a bit stuffed on this.

Will start with the waders

1. Looks like Semi-P sand, but I need to check what a Spoon-billed sand would look like from that angle!

6. Looks like three species. The middle bird is a Turnstone, not sure if its Ruddy or Black...am going to guess Black... I think the bird on the left might be a Sanderling on the strength of its wing bar and the one on the right sort of reminds me of Surfbird... which is why I'm going for Black on the Turnstone.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back