• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap B&B Hunstanton - Twitcher friendly (1 Viewer)

Peter Withers

formerly tubbtubby
Hi guys,

I went over to Norfolk on Tue/Wed and went to Snettisham both mornings then onto Titchwell. Saw a few lifers and had a great time. I wished I had stopped at the Walsey Hills now as I went up to Salthouse and turned round:( to got back to Titchwell in the hoping that the Red-necked Phalarope would be swimming closer to the hides(how wrong was I).

As for staying somewhere I went into the tourist info and they found me somewhere "cheap and cheerful" in their words. This was Queensbury House B&B on Glebe Ave in Hunstanton. It only cost me £25 for the night and they are Twitcher friendly as they advised me a lot of places prefer to hold out for families to fill their rooms.

I was very impressed and the breakfast was surprisingly very nice although I am used to eating more, but I could have had cereal aswell ;).

The room was very clean albeit small, and had a small double bed but lacked en suite, which I thought was a small price to pay for £25.

Pete.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back