• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TODAY - puffins and seals (1 Viewer)

Yet again Snooker is the be all and end all.
I like the way they say "It will be shown at a later date", but give you no idea of when this might be.
(probably 3 o clock in the morning.)

Hi Marmot - I was just coming to make this point, but you beat me to it!!! Insult was added to injury when they gave some football news as well.

The BBC wrecked my plans a little while ago, when I had hoped to record the red squirrels in Formby - but at least this has been shown at a sensible time.

Even worse was a programme (about bird flight) that was broadcast earlier than planned because a man had been found down a hole in Iraq. I had an email from the BBC about this, and was told that at the moment they had no plans to show it again.

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Hi Marmot - I was just coming to make this point, but you beat me to it!!! Insult was added to injury when they gave some football news as well.

The BBC wrecked my plans a little while ago, when I had hoped to record the red squirrels in Formby - but at least this has been shown at a sensible time.

Even worse was a programme (about bird flight) that was broadcast earlier than planned because a man had been found down a hole in Iraq. I had an email from the BBC about this, and was told that at the moment they had no plans to show it again.
TYPICAL!!!! :C

Marmot said:
Yet again Snooker is the be all and end all.
I like the way they say "It will be shown at a later date", but give you no idea of when this might be.
(probably 3 o clock in the morning.)
It might be a good idea to raise this on the BBC's' Nature' forums, as well as writing directly to them.

I was extremely annoyed yesterday as well!!! Rushed to get the housework and ironing out of the way so I could relax and watch my wildlife programmes...and the blooming snooker was on!!! I noticed that folk could send text messages of support to the players that were shown on the bottom of the tv screen...good luck Jimmy etc...that sort of thing! Felt like sending one in saying "OY, get off and get the wildlife ON!!!" ...but it probably wouldn't have been shown!!!
I'm sure they said it would be shown next Sunday but we'll just wait and see! Think i will send a little note to the BBC site...nothing abusive as it doesn't get results to be rude and get folks' backs up...just a little reminder that we get just one-and-a-half-hours of wildlife each week whereas sport gets MUCH longer!!!

GILL

Wouldnt mind seeing the viewing figures for the Snooker.
I put 50p on
25....people.
:)
Snooker is so bad I think I would rather watch the House Doctor and listen to her obvious remarks like " I think cleaning up the dog poo from the carpet might help sell your house"!!
grrrrrrrrr

What was particularly galling was the snooker finished at 5:40pm BUT then we had to listen to "expert comments" and then they showed an advert for the 6 nations. If they had cut away promptly everyone would have been happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back