• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bishops Haugh, Motherwell Scotland (1 Viewer)

allanpcameron

United Kingdom
Has anyone been at the RSPB place in Motherwell called Bishops Haugh?
I'm thinking of trying there some afternoon soon and wondered if it is worth a visit, I'd love to see a kingfisher.
Allan

Last edited:
Hi Allan,
the place you are thinking of is actually Baron's Haugh. We used to vist nearly every weekend when we lived in Glasgow. Great place all year round. Haven't been for some time but the last we visited there was work going on to make the site more attractive to breeding waders.

In the "old days" it used to be a great site for good views of Green Sandpiper, Black-tailed Godwit and Kingfishers wasn't too hard to see. I would imagine there's lots of good ducks to see just now.

For more info see:
http://freespace.virgin.net/jimmy.maxwell/

cheers
Gordon

Ah! I thought the name sounded 'sort of' familiar. There's also some info in Opus Baron's Haugh

You appear to have done a pretty good Review for it there Gordon;)

D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back