• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digibinning (1 Viewer)

Brian Stone

A Stone chatting
This was my first go at a shot through my Leica 8x42BA bins using a Nikon CP995. There was no time to set up the scope for this shot when this bird landed not far away from my car so I took a chance with the bins. The camera was on auto in macro mode with the zoom about half way. It set f5.1 and 1/242s. The bins were supported on the car window and everything else handheld. I only got off two shots before the bird (a falconer's Saker used to scare gull at a local tip) flew off. The shots were underexposed against the sky so this has been significantly tweaked on the PC.

Not the best shot in the world but recognisable and nothing else would have been possible in the circumstances.

Attachments

• saker_feb_04.jpg
    saker_feb_04.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 316
Hi Brian,

Well done - great shot under the circumstances....

Had to smile..... from the title, I had assumed this thread to be pertaining to the low proportion of 'keepers' that normally happen when subsequently examining the fruits of a day's digi-scoping.....

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back