• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

silly canon A95 question (1 Viewer)

lainapop

Hi,

I've used the A95 for several years... so a kind of embarrassing question:

How do you turn off the date function?

I somehow turned it on and can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of it.

Manual looooong gone.

Thanks!

I've just tried to tun mine ON and found that I can't for some reason.

It slides right past the option to turn it on.

Here's how it should work :-

Camera on in *shooting mode*
press *menu*
from the LH list scroll down to the item showing a clock and toggle on/off from there.

I've just tried to tun mine ON and found that I can't for some reason.

It slides right past the option to turn it on.

Here's how it should work :-

Camera on in *shooting mode*
press *menu*
from the LH list scroll down to the item showing a clock and toggle on/off from there.
According to my manual, thats only active at first Power on, or if the camera has lost its date/time by letting the batteries stay flat.

The only other thing I can see in there is when you want to print the Date Time on the photo.
To Disable this
Set Dial to P
In display mode.
Press menu
Scroll down to "Print Order" and press Set
Move right to Set up
Move down to date and select on or off.

I've taken a pic of what should be the appropriate page of the manual, what I can't find out is how to get the necessary icon shown in step 1 to appear on the monitior.

Attachments

• canondate.jpg
    canondate.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 113
looks like my camera is malfunctioning, as none of this seems to work. Time to start working on the wife for a P5100...

Thanks John and Alan for trying!

Will

Hello Robert,

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

Thanks but I'll stick with mine for a while -- going to join you in the P5100 club before too long!

Will

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back