• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Our First Owl Photos........ (1 Viewer)

StevieEvans

During a pleasant country walk this morning we were delighted to see
Kingfisher, Heron, Kestrel, Yellowhammer, Goldcrest, Treecreeper, Jack Snipe, along with a Weasel, a stunning Dog Fox as well as Badger & Roe Deer tracks.

Inspired by such an interesting morning, & a hastily eaten Sunday dinner, we set out again this afternoon with a 'fancy' new Nikon camera (needed a rucksack JUST for the instruction Book!) with the hope of taking a few pictures......

But, Taking Bird pictures is Not as easy as it appears.....

Hope they appear with the text :h?:

StevieE.

Last edited:
2nd Try....

Here is the best one we managed, this has taken me hours & im going to Destroy the Cameraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hope it works this time as ive followed Strict instructions...
StevieE

Attachments

• DSCN0995.jpg
    DSCN0995.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 306
Sounds like a great day out. I tried for our LEO's this afternoon but they've either moved on or someone disturbed them this morning as I couldn't locate them.

It was well worth the effort of persevering with the photo :t:

Composure regained...

An ice cold McEwans Export has calmed me down.
Getting the picture to appear on the screen was Far Harder than actually finding the Bird.........i plugged the camera into the PC prior to 6PM !!

As ive (WE) managed it , here are a few others of the same bird/its location.

This reminds me of old school reports......'must try harder....'

StevieE

Attachments

• DSCN0996.jpg
    DSCN0996.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN0999.jpg
    DSCN0999.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCN1000.jpg
    DSCN1000.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN01004.jpg
    DSCN01004.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 180
steve,that Owl is so well camoflaged with the twigs,it is a wonder you managed any pic at all,they are good.You weren't using the new Nikon digi slr ,by any chance were you?.I met a chap on the beach this evening who was using one.It looked very sophisticated.

Stevie, its a lovely wol and a great photo. I know all about the difficulties of uploading your first photos. I succeeded once but have probably forgotten how I did it cos I haven't done it again

Well done Steve, you could have captioned it "You can't see me because I am a Tree". Why do they only sit out on nice exposed boughs when I don't have a camera with me? Saw a Tawny on my way to work this morning passed within inches of my windscreen, frightened the life out of me as it was 6.30 and I was still half asleep.

Thanks for all your comments & interest.
I'm going to try & enhance some other pictures etc & get used to that Adobe fotoshop, and put them here later.

I've got to say i am NOW going to look at EVERY bird image in a VERY different light....! There looks like theres a lot to learn.

(We used Nikon 4500 camera with it hand held against a 30x scope to get the 'best' image).

We're finished work, got the kids ready for their evening out, so looks like a try for Barn/Little owl now........

StevieE ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back