• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

pentax xw 10 eyepiece on pf 65 (1 Viewer)

punkman

Does anybody know use the pentax xw 10mm eyepiece on a pf 65 spotting scope?
If so how does it perform?
What is the field of view like with this ep?
cheers

I have a XW 10mm but on my PF 100. I also used it on my Eon 72mm which is the closest thing I have to the PF 65.

The field is wide as spec'd (around 70 degrees) and the eyepiece's coating is outstanding. Only thing is the 10mm is pushing it up there magnification wise so the view gets dimmed due to the smaller exit pupil. The "feel", if you may, is not as joyful as that on the 14mm XW and the 20mm XW (both of which I also own).

Thanks can popper
Thats what I expected to happen with a stronger eyepiece but wanted in confirming.
I am presently using a baader hyperion 21mm eyepiece which gives a good clear wide view, in fact I prefer it to the pentax zoom eyepiece that came with the scope.
Also on order I have a baader hyperion 13mm ep.
I intend to buy the pentax xw eyepieces to match those at a later date when I have more money, but the baader is just fine to be going on with.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back