• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Bird for Phuket - Orange-headed Thrush (1 Viewer)

paddleasia

Birding in Southern Thailand since Feb '93 - http:
I was treated to seeing an Orange-headed Thrush in my yard this afternoon. I ran go get my camera and a darn Oriental Magpie-Robin chased it away just as soon as I got it in focus!

Still, it was a nice sighting and I don't think it's been seen here before... I could be wrong.

In addition to the Orange-headed Thrush (which I've seen for three days in a row), I've got a Forest Wagtail walking around in my yard as well as a family of Brown-throated Sunbirds, Stripe-throated Bulbuls, Spotted Doves, Asian Brown Flycatchers and others. There are at least six cute squirrels too.

Part of the reason that I've got such nice wildlife in my yard is that I have to only small patch of trees in my neighborhood. Everything else has been cut down to build tacky shop houses and other tasteless concrete hovel. A few months ago a big tree was cut down and a Slow Loris escaped via the power line.

It looks like all of these animals are taking refuge in my yard... and of course, they are very welcomed to stay as long as visit as often as they like. I think I'll start offering them a bit of food perhaps. My wife also took in a baby rat that was abandoned by its parents or maybe the Burmese laborers, who receive just above slave wages, ate the little guy's parents. Who knows. We can just let him die... even if he is a rat. He's cute and he drinks regular milk. We can't find rat milk. :)

In addition to the Orange-headed Thrush (which I've seen for three days in a row), I've got a Forest Wagtail walking around in my yard as well as a family of Brown-throated Sunbirds, Stripe-throated Bulbuls, Spotted Doves, Asian Brown Flycatchers and others. There are at least six cute squirrels too.

And still no photo???

And what a great yard it must be..what kinds of trees? .lucky you.

Regards
Marie

And still no photo???

And what a great yard it must be..what kinds of trees? .lucky you.

Regards
Marie

Hey Marie,

Sorry, I've only got an Olympus waterproof camera and even if I did get a photo, it would be very impressive. |;|

I've got a wide variety of trees including fruit trees: Banana, Rose Apple and Coconut as well as several flowering trees. I really like my new place. I was living too close to a very busy street, now I'm tucked back in the trees... ahhh :t:

Cheers,
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back