• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Recent Crossbill news on Speyside (1 Viewer)

dbradnum

Hi all

I'll be spending a few days birding on Speyside from Friday onwards, looking for all the usual specialities. I've got sites for most things, but was wondering if anyone has any recent news on Scots / Parrot Crossbill numbers and sites? I know that a couple of years ago, there were some very obliging birds breeding in a roadside layby - this is the sort of thing I had in mind.

Obviously we will be spending time in the ancient forest for Crested Tit etc, and may well bump into crossbills there, but if anyone has any specific tips, that would be ideal.

many thanks

If there's a Scot's Pine, there could be a Crossbill ! Seriously, they can and do just turn up anywhere in Speyside, there are cones all over the place at the moment. As to species, well I'll stop there!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back