• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Discovery 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone,
I have just been looking for a cheap, small, lightweight pair of binoculars as a spare pair for keeping in the car/lending to non-birder friends so they don't keep asking to use mine (such a pain in the proverbial to keep changing IP distance, turning eyecups in/out, etc).
I have seen these on the internet and they seem great. Has anyone tried them and would like to give me an opinion?
I think it will be a choice between these and Vortex 8.5x32. Both very light and small but I wonder if there is much difference optically.
Thanks for any help.
Martin.

Hi Martin,

You should also consider the Opticron Oregon 8x32 roof prisms at only £80 from Sherwoods (binocularhouse.com) These have been much praised by many birdforum members. They are light and give an excellent , bright and sharp image. Don't be put off by them not being 'PC phased corrected' they are every bit as bright and sharp. Excellent build quality.

Steve

Hi Martin,

You should also consider the Opticron Oregon 8x32 roof prisms at only £80 from Sherwoods (binocularhouse.com) These have been much praised by many birdforum members. They are light and give an excellent , bright and sharp image. Don't be put off by them not being 'PC phased corrected' they are every bit as bright and sharp. Excellent build quality.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I'll check them out. Warehouse Express stock them and they are near where I live. It's a pity they don't stock the otheres I'm interested in. Always a problem when looking for bins- it's almost imossible to find all the ones you want to try under one roof.

Thanks,
Martin.

Thanks Steve. I'll check them out. Warehouse Express stock them and they are near where I live. It's a pity they don't stock the otheres I'm interested in. Always a problem when looking for bins- it's almost imossible to find all the ones you want to try under one roof.

Thanks,
Martin.

Warehouse Express have a large display cabinet dedicated to Opticron products and they do stock both the Oregon LE WP 8x32 and the Discovery WP PC 8x32

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back