• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bats, Earlham Park (UEA) Norfolk, UK (1 Viewer)

JCLynn

Hi everyone, just a long shot here.
When I lived in Norwich, many years ago, I used to 'batwatch' at Earlham Park, the UEA grounds, in Norwich, and it was brilliant. best place I have ever been to see Noctule bats close enough to see the fur.
Anyone know if it's still a batty place? If so, I'll have a ride out and relive some bat memories.
Cheers.

Yeah, the Noctules are still around UEA Broad and Earlham Park, mid-late summer is a good time to watch them. Also I have occasionally recorded Nath Pip at the east end of the broad. Plenty of P45 and P55 around the broad too.

Yeah, the Noctules are still around UEA Broad and Earlham Park, mid-late summer is a good time to watch them. Also I have occasionally recorded Nath Pip at the east end of the broad. Plenty of P45 and P55 around the broad too.

Huge thanks for the reply Richard. I was a bit late re-checking the thread for a reply. Glad to know the bats are still there. It's september now, but ( fingers crossed ) if we get a bit of fine weather in the first half, I'll have a drive out there and see whats about.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back