• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

at last after 30 years THE KING (1 Viewer)

j palmer

hello and i hope every one is well .

i cant reply to every one but there been some supper shots and hats of to all .

as ive been ingrossed in getting this shot/s with my scope i havent had chance to do anything els.

this is proberbly my best shot to date and it has taken me from childhood memories seeing these wonders flash bye.

skywatcher scope 600mm 2xtc croped for composition.

Attachments

• king-web.jpg
    king-web.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 262
I like it!

I even like the bohek...which is normally really wierd with a astro-type optic. Normally it just 'freaks me out'.

What was the distance to the subject? What type of bird is that?

Scott (very nice) B

I like it!

I even like the bohek...which is normally really wierd with a astro-type optic. Normally it just 'freaks me out'.

What was the distance to the subject? What type of bird is that?

Scott (very nice) B

You only get bad bokeh on a mirror scope and not on a refractor like this type of scope is.

Kingfisher is great by the way.

Paul.

thanks for looking and kind comments.

yes very pleased with this shot although there has been little croping i would have like f/frame on this bird and a much higher s/speed but we have to take whot we can.

shooting distance was about 25ft ish .

25ft is only around 7m which is very close. I would have thought the scope without a 2X tc would have been fine and would have given a much higher shutter speed with just as much detail. Mind you I'm thinking about my camera which is 14million pixels and allows for much more cropping while capturing plenty of detail. Quite often it's better to crop than to try and go for the highest magnification which is why I rarely go above a 1.4X tc. Most of the pics in my gallery are at 1.4X and are in the 40m (130 feet) and above range.

Paul.

thanks paul the distance was shooting across the main river and 600mm at that distance a birds of that size just is'nt worth shooting .

as i like to get 3/4 frame shot's 2x tc is my only opstion on the day.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back