• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B&L 7X26 Custom rubber eyepiece replacement (1 Viewer)

cullulloo

I have had a 7X26 B&L Custom and have been through about 5 sets of rubber eyepieces in the past 14 years.

The eyepieces are poorly designed. They fold down for eyeglass view and the rubber fabric at the fold eventually tears.

I am hoping if someone knows where I can purchase replacement eyepieces, or better yet, if the eyepieces for the Bushnell 7X26 (replacement model for the original B&L 7X26) might fit on my binoculars. I don't think they are fold down type.

If not a B&L or Bushnell product can someone suggest an alternative eyepiece that will fit?

thanks

See my thread #15 in your Post below about replacing a lost 8 x 24 B & L Legacy. Bushnell should still have replacement eyecups for your binocular.
Bob

Bushnell is very good about replacing that kinda stuff. They just sent me a replacement rainguard and obj covers for my Discoverer....free of chg! And I sent my polycarb bodied 7x26 in twice for a tilt collimation problem....they decided it wasn't economical to repair and sent me a new 7x26 Elite (which is a dandy, with popups, new style diopter, swivel strap eyelets, and full armored metal body).

As far as interchange with the new one, no....completely new ep's. All older binos with fold-downs were about the same....I wore out 4 sets on my Celestron Nova, 2 on a Nikon 7x35E....even the vaunted Zeiss Dialyts and Leitz Trinovids had the same problem.

Give Bushnell a call....800-423-3537...wait for parts prompt.

When you get your new eyecups from Bushnell, treat them with Armor All, and retreat every now and again. I think you'll find that they last much much longer.

--AP

I would also recommend purchasing/getting a few extra pair. This is a discontinued model and at some point, those eye cups will no longer be available. Unfortunately, that soft rubber design does make that part somewhat of a "consumable" piece for the binoculars.

Ben

Ben Lizdas
Sales Manager
Eagle Optics
www.eagleoptics.com

Simple question. Why don't you just trim them to the proper length and forget about folding and unfolding? Armor all is good stuff.

Simple solution

Simple question. Why don't you just trim them to the proper length and forget about folding and unfolding? Armor all is good stuff.

Because my wife wears glasses and I don't.

I just put on my last spare rubber eyecup for my 7x26 Custom Compacts that I have had since 1976. When my friend that had an old pair tried to get parts for his Bushnell said that they had no parts left for that model and offered him a generous trade in allowance on a new pair. Not sure what I will do if I can't get new eyecups and get an offer. Many happy days have been spent with these bins over the past 32 years.

I just got three pair of replacement eyecups from Bushnell. They said that they had others but not too many left.

Alas, I didn't get get any trade in allowance but would be very interested in how much Bushnell offered your friend off the regular price of their 7X26.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back