• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Christmas Bird Counts '09 (1 Viewer)

Hamhed

My wife and I are planning another trip to Costa Rica this December and were hoping to join one of the Christmas Bird Counts. I'm not able to find the dates online but I thought someone in this forum might have access to that information.

Our rough plans are three nights in Carara at the Cerro Lodge, four at the Tolomuco Lodge, in the Talamancas just north of San Isidro de General, two at La Georgina on top of Cerro de la Muerte and four or five nights including Christmas Day at Rara Avis, in the Caribbean lowlands, adjacent to Braulio Carrillo. Thanks to Patrick O'Donnell for posting about some of these places and thus giving us ideas on good, affordable (for us) birding hotspots. We're planning on traveling by bus as an experiment in reducing trip costs. If that experiment succeeds, we can do this again more often!

Anyone else going to CR this December?

Steve
North Carolina, USA

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back