• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Televid 77 astro adaptor (1 Viewer)

Leif

Does anyone know of an adaptor that allows 1.25" astro eyepieces to be used in the Leica Televid 77 scope? I know Company Seven do one at >$400 which is too expensive.

On a related tack, the photo adaptor attaches to the prism housing by means of a screw thread. Does anyone know details of the screw thread i.e. diameter and pitch, or whatever technical spec. is used to describe it? I might try to make an adaptor and the screw thread is the hardest bit!

It does strike me as odd that there is as far as I can tell no reasonably priced astro adaptor for this scope.

Leif said:
Does anyone know of an adaptor that allows 1.25" astro eyepieces to be used in the Leica Televid 77 scope? I know Company Seven do one at >$400 which is too expensive.

On a related tack, the photo adaptor attaches to the prism housing by means of a screw thread. Does anyone know details of the screw thread i.e. diameter and pitch, or whatever technical spec. is used to describe it? I might try to make an adaptor and the screw thread is the hardest bit!

It does strike me as odd that there is as far as I can tell no reasonably priced astro adaptor for this scope.

No! I have the opposite, an adapter which allows the very nice Leica 20-60 zoom eyepiece to be used as a 1.25" eyepiece in an astro scope. (For sale, if anyone wants it ....).

When I was looking round, I could not find a cheap version of what you are looking for anywhere.

redshift said:
No! I have the opposite, an adapter which allows the very nice Leica 20-60 zoom eyepiece to be used as a 1.25" eyepiece in an astro scope. (For sale, if anyone wants it ....).

When I was looking round, I could not find a cheap version of what you are looking for anywhere.

I contacted Leica in Germany and they were very helpful. They informed me that most 1.25" eyepieces cannot reach infinity focus with the Leica APO Televid 77. There is an exception - the Zeiss Abbe 4mm Orthoscopic - and a small adaptor is readily made. I have a Vixen Lanthanum 4mm eyepiece - bought used - and I reckon that the eyepiece could be machined to fit. I might have a go.

I contacted Leica in Germany and they were very helpful. They informed me that most 1.25" eyepieces cannot reach infinity focus with the Leica APO Televid 77. There is an exception - the Zeiss Abbe 4mm Orthoscopic - and a small adaptor is readily made. I have a Vixen Lanthanum 4mm eyepiece - bought used - and I reckon that the eyepiece could be machined to fit. I might have a go.

did you get anywhere with this?

am considering a leica 62 if i can find an adapter.

i have used astro eps on a busjnell spacemaster, but find only ones of a certain height will work; longer ones just dont come to focus.

thanks

42421 Astro adapter 1.25"

http://www.camera-exchange.de/leica/leica-list.htm

so must be possible......

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back