• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ring Necked Parakeets (1 Viewer)

Bird spotter

Presumably I am not the only one who has seen a significant increase in ring necked Parakeets in Surrey and in part's of Kent.
One of my other interest's is aviation and I was amazed to see a flock of at least 50 (Guesstimate) flying about 20 ft above my head in the Heathrow airport area a couple of weeks back.
Does anyone have any data as regards numbers and the area's that they cover around the UK.

Presumably I am not the only one who has seen a significant increase in ring necked Parakeets in Surrey and in part's of Kent.
One of my other interest's is aviation and I was amazed to see a flock of at least 50 (Guesstimate) flying about 20 ft above my head in the Heathrow airport area a couple of weeks back.
Does anyone have any data as regards numbers and the area's that they cover around the UK.

Try hanging around Tolworth, Surrey just before dawn breaks. Position yourself on 'Old Kingston Road, just off the A240 and count. The bend at the southern end of the road where it turns back to rejoin the A240 is best.

Here in the far East of Kent (the Isle of Thanet), they are so common that one doesn't even look up when they are heard any more.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back