• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Missouri Migration (1 Viewer)

Well... Here's the latest from St. Louis, MO:

The Chimney Swifts are here, and they are now flying around crazily!

The Cerulean warblers, and Parulas are back, I've been informed, but have not seen them for myself yet...

Turkey vultures, of course, and turkey hunting is in full swing

I have a Green Heron that follows me around when I go fishing!

Also, I'm looking for the Eurasian Tree Sparrow, that is rumored to only be found in St. Louis in the United States. I'm looking forward to seeing one!

I'll leave reports on the birds I see on Wed. and Thurs. - After my birding class!

Thanks~

Cheers,

Chris

If you find the Eurasian Tree Sparrow let me know where! I'll be in St. Louis for a few weeks before I leave for the summer in May and I'd like to see them before I head back to Kirksville.

E.t.s

Alright, I'll be sure to... Since I've heard about the E.T.S (Eurasian Tree Sparrow) in St. Louis, I've been checking all of the house sparrows more carefully- I'm sure one will turn up. This link might help you more than me, and I've been referring to it often. I'll let you know when and where I see one, though.

http://epsc.wustl.edu/~rlk/wgnss/ets/

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris and Lassa,

From what I've read, the Tree Sparrows are in the farmland just outside of St Louis, mostly across the river in Illinois. There's supposed to be a population of about 150,000 (according to Summers-Smith, In Search of Sparrows), so they shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Michael

Yep

Michael Frankis said:
Hi Chris and Lassa,

From what I've read, the Tree Sparrows are in the farmland just outside of St Louis, mostly across the river in Illinois. There's supposed to be a population of about 150,000 (according to Summers-Smith, In Search of Sparrows), so they shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Michael

Mr. Frankis,

I'm located in the farmland just outside of St. Louis! I was just told about these sparrows, and am keeping my eyes peeled. I'm sure I've seen them without knowing, but labeled them as "house sparrows"

-Chris

I saw one today just 15 mins. outside of St. Louis! Came back a second time and he was still there. I found the birdhouse he's nesting in, and am going back to take pics. I'll post some in a few weeks when I get my digital camera. Thanks-

chris hagenlocher

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back