• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

my new dslr the d300 and might ed80-600mm (1 Viewer)

j palmer

my new dslr the d300 and mighty ed80-600mm

well i havent been about as ive sold up the canon and moved over to nikon.

the sole resen for the move was for action as the 40d 9 point focus for small birds in flight was very hard work trying to keep the centre focus point on the subjet. but now that the d300 has 51 and i can use the centre and 20 little helpers it is so ,uch easer.

but aside this it is so much better on my scope ed 80-600mm wot a dream. bright view finder make m/focus a doddle and live view in my opinon is so much slower.

iso is better and im now using 1600-3200 and with some tlc and neat image usable images can be done for prints.

all of the shots are from my garden studio and shooting distance from 12ft to 20ft and below are crops 33% to -50% dunnock full frame in low light.

sparrow was shot so late it was getting dark but still managed to fucus.

many thanks

jason

Attachments

• blue-tit-copy-2.jpg
    blue-tit-copy-2.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 164
  • goldie scope 2 copy.jpg
    goldie scope 2 copy.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 158
  • wet sparrow copy.jpg
    wet sparrow copy.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 147
  • wren-copy2.jpg
    wren-copy2.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 170
  • dunnock.jpg
    dunnock.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
These are excellent Jason, very impressive. Look forward to seeing more.

Been getting my 80ED scope out more in the last week now that the colder, clearer winter air has arrived. Been experimenting with stacking barlows with some very good results and with Christmas coming I shall maybe get a 4X or a 5X to try out.

Paul.

some very nice photos Jason,, you have a great back yard for that variety of birds,, certainly a plus for just stepping out the door with the gear to photography,,

Derry

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back