• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Burrowing Owl. Florida (1 Viewer)

tupelo080135

Birding is a way of life
Hi and thanks to all who helped with biridng suggestions I am having a blast in Florida. Need Burrowing Owl does anyone know a good spot near Kissimmee. I can travel and have seen great birds so far but this bird I have missed on four visits.:-O
Any other good area's or specific sites for specific birds would be appreciated

Not too close but if you are in and around the Ft Lauderdale area on your trip, make a visit to Plantation Park in Plantation which is minutes from Lauderdale. Plenty of Burrowing Owls there on my last visit.

I had 3 pairs near the entrance to Kissimmee Prairie State Park which is actually around 100miles south of Kissimmee. Scan the fields on your left once you're past the entrance area. I also had my only Bobwhite there as well as Bachman's Sparrow and 3 Armadillos in the surrounding roads.

Cheers, might be a bit far for Burrowing Owls but maybe, I got a Bobwhite today and very strange over 40 Armadillo's around Space Kennedy. They were everywhere. thanks for tip

I had 3 pairs near the entrance to Kissimmee Prairie State Park which is actually around 100miles south of Kissimmee. Scan the fields on your left once you're past the entrance area. I also had my only Bobwhite there as well as Bachman's Sparrow and 3 Armadillos in the surrounding roads.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back