• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Big Batch of Anagrams (1 Viewer)

Kalamazoo Ken

All right, Anagramists, here we go! There should be plenty for everyone.
Some of these will be very easy, some (I think) will be quite a challenge. The theme might be a poser. ;) And "extra credit" for pictures! Have fun...

1. LINER BREWS BRUTAL ROT
2. BRING CULT IN
3. RUB GUARD, ZAZU!
4. CHAIR AT A FILM
5. GIN COCKTAIL IN LIST
6. A UNICORN GUN
7. LITTLE BIRDERS HUG & CHEW
8. FINGER CLEAR? NOPE!
9. FRIGHTEN IN A CAVE
10. HANG OZZIE, G.R.!
11. CORK BEER PUZZLING FEW
12. TRY PRACTICAL CHIEF
13. ELEANOR GIGGLED AT FLEA TUTU
14. SO NOBLE A GRACE
15. HE DID WORK AS A...
16. HUNG GRILLER
17. FIG CRUMBLE RUIN'D HIM
18. "CHINA" STAR JEERING A TAD
19. I BE VILLAIN, SIR
20. WITH A WARM PORK ROAST, I...
21. NAME A ROMAN GUITARIST CLONE
22. ALAN'S CHILDREN
23. PART FLA. KELP
24. HER COLOR RADIO
25. TRAILER ACE TRIED
26. I TWIST STUB-FACE
27. SPRING UP, THIN CANE
28. PRESS: "PROVE WAR!"
29. BILL'S RANT: BIG-BANG!
30. ROMANTIC N.Y. BEARS

Hi there, Michael -- Glad to see somebody's diving into the fray.

Unless there is some sinster esoteric aspect of herrings of which I am unaware, I'm afraid the "evil" theme is out of the running. ;)

Didn't know about the split -- thanks for the update -- but for the purpose of this batch of anagrams, we'll pretend it didn't happen, OK?

But just for interest, other than where they are most commonly found, what differentiates between the European and American Herring Gulls? In other words, if an American Herring Gull strayed over to Europe, or vice-versa, how would someone know?

Hi Ken,

Oh well, now I have to think of some other theme...

I really couldn't tell you on the Herring Gulls. All I know is that the AOU has found something different. DNA, perhaps? Beats me! I think things would be easier if they didn't split species like that. ;)

I'll try some more anagrams later. Anyone else care to give us a hand?

Michael

Hi guys --
I just checked out the picture of the Zigzag Heron -- very cool! Well-named, I must say. Then I realised that your answers also were linked to pictures, Michael. For some reason they didn't show up as obviously as Brian's link. Thanks for all of them. I really like the colors on the Cirl.

Are you out there, Birdman?

Whoa!! -- when you show up, you show up, don't you , Birdman! By my calculations, that's five solved in about 16 minutes!! Way to go. :clap: Brian's on a tear as well, and he did beat you to the Coua by 6 minutes... ;)
Looks like 13 down, 17 to go.
Are we having fun yet? Hope so... o:)

By the way, has anyone actually SEEN an Invisible Rail? I imagine this must be one of the harder species sightings to verify. I'm sure that at least one or two have not shown up here in Michigan...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back