• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jackets (1 Viewer)

wizard

has anyone used the Skua water proof jacket???????????????

any comments or advise quickly please please ;)

win or not

Hi Ian,
well i was thinking of trying that but I never win anything. I did win a T shirt from Radio Wales once so maybe i am on a roll
lolololol

jacket

got one now & traded in an old jacket for the discount. Skau is great with a nice sized hood. cant fault it really except they could have done it with a fleece collar as the material they used is hard to keep clean at this point. and yes i do wash my neck!!!!!

for rough stuck check out the german Flecktarn pattern camo jackets, these are bril & about to buy a gortex version ready for the winter.

wizard said:
got one now & traded in an old jacket for the discount. Skau is great with a nice sized hood. cant fault it really except they could have done it with a fleece collar as the material they used is hard to keep clean at this point. and yes i do wash my neck!!!!!

for rough stuck check out the german Flecktarn pattern camo jackets, these are bril & about to buy a gortex version ready for the winter.

Hallo, there.

I'm also interested in getting a Skua jacket but am having trouble tracking down a website that offers anything other than scope cases.

Do you know their URL? Failing that, the name of your supplier?

Any information greatly appreciated.

Sue

Thanks, Andy - got onto the site. The jacket certainly looks as if it would keep the weather out so I will investigate further - I desperately need to get a jacket that doesn't rustle!

Sue

I have a Country innovations ventile Jacket which i like very much. just wondering what material used in the Skua is?

I have also purchased the montane extreme jacket which i find a superb addition to birding jackets. No more layering with the montane as it is an all in one jacket. Recommend this very highly.

If you want to compare jackets. then one of the birdfairs is a useful place to go. A lot of the different suppliers will be there and there are usually some good bargains to be had. I picked up a Country Innovations jacket half price from the last one I went to. The next fair that I know of will be at Slimbridge in early February.

AndyC

Haven't made it to a bird fair yet - maybe the chance to check out jackets will get me to one. Just wonder what else I may find to "invest" in when I'm there!
Thanks,

Sue

At last - a long jacket. If I had known that was available a year ago...

In your surfing around the web did you look at the Paramo 'Nixwax' range - no liner to wear out or fail and rustle free! I wish mine was a bit longer but it is unbelievably comfy for a waterproof jacket.

http://www.paramo.co.uk/UK/index.html

I must say that you can pick up some bargains from C innovations. Look out for the SAIL RAIL as I have seen ventile jackets go for less than half price. On 3 occasions I have been to a Bird Fair and on each occasion the rail is a must.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back