• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird's eye view---from'China daily' (1 Viewer)

Nice article! I'm not sure about the accuracy of various details, but it's good to see bird habitat being discussed in the main English paper.

Xiao ming, I wonder do you ever see articles like this in Chinese papers?

By China Daily standards the Yunnan Article seemed a pretty brave piece - but here are a couple of photographs they didn't get - illegal logging within the Tongbiguan National Nature Reserve. And it wasn't being done in a very secretive manner - those guys are using chain-saws - that can be heard miles away!!!!!
The Other picture is of a poacher carrying a rifle, within the Ruili Botanical Gardens!!!!!! - he covered it when he saw us but you can still easily see the butt in the photograph. One also shudders to think what's in that back-pack. This one we reported to the management - but they were busy playing mahjong.

More articles China Daily please. If you guys are are allowed to write this stuff then we know the problem is being acknowledged as serious by those who control this country. Maybe you could think of writing one entitled - "Where has all the water gone" - which would document how much of the free flowing water of Sichuan has been captured in the multitude of hydro-electric projects that are found in this province.

Attachments

• loggers.jpg
    loggers.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 61
  • hunter.jpg
    hunter.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing these. I haven't really gotten in the habit of looking at the China Daily on-line, but these are interesting.

Thanks for posting! And welcome to our corner of the forum on China - hope you'll share whenever you like!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back