• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Honey Buzzard in Cyprus ??? (1 Viewer)

h&p

Hi, does anyone know if a Honey buzzard has been seen in Cyprus this last week? Between 24/March and 31/March. A friend who is not a birder thinks she saw one but I think it was more likey to have been Common Buzzard. I don't think that Honey Buzzard occurs in Cyprus does it? All info welcome. Thanks in advance. Regards Pete

Honey Buzzard does occur over Cyprus but the early date points to Common Buzzard. Without a description we will never know ;)

John.

I agree with John, it's a bit early for Honeys I think but they are one of the most numerous raptors during the autumn migration months, regular flocks of 2, 3, 4, and 500+ birds can be seen leaving their overnight roost at Akrotiri, I missed a hugh flock there in August last year by only 10 mins but did get a small flock of 5....

Honey Buzzard does occur over Cyprus but the early date points to Common Buzzard. Without a description we will never know ;)

John.

Thanks, Much as I thought. She says that she has a photo but that it is rather distant. I'll see if I can post it though it may not help much!

Pete

A couple of pictures here.
Sorry for delay I've being having computer problems.
All sorted now.
Regards Pete

Attachments

• Cyprus Buzzard trimmed.bmp
    92.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
James, Chris, thanks. Very happy with that. She will be pleased. Shame not Honey but you can't win 'em all. Regards Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back