• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi y'all (1 Viewer)

NCLady

Thanks, ells, for showing me this forum. I'll have fun looking around and getting familiar with the postings. Been a birder from way back. I'm originally from England, but came to US in 1961. Still go back every few years to visit family. It's going to be great to see how many birds I remember from over there. I'm usually at another chat about birds, but you can never have enough.

Welcome NCL (sounds like a cruise company I know) hope you have a good time here as well as there.

Steve AKA ells

Hi NCLady,

Welcome to Birdforum - I hope that you do get to enjoy the site as much as the rest of us. Whereabouts were you from in the UK, I'm sure that we'll have some members in that area who may be able to help out with what's changed.

I hope that you can see your way to share some of your birding experiences with us.

See you around :t:

NCL

I reckon it sounds like a computer company! Anyway, welcome to you and I'm sure you'll get as much enjoyment out of BF as the rest of us.

Like Ian, I'd like to know where you lived in the UK - and maybe why you left out shores!

Do keep us in touch with your birding activities.

Thanks for the welcome. I was born in Dorchester, Dorset, but only lived there till I was 3. Lived mostly in Essex (Epping), but went to school in Herts. Also lived in London for awhile. When I go back for visit, I usually stay with my cousin in Welwyn, Herts. One thing I really, really, really miss is the English Robin. We don't have anything like it here. Our robins are really thrushes, only with a red breast (actually, it's more orange).

Just for you NCLady, here's one we had around Xmas Day ;)

Attachments

• christmas robinao.jpg
    christmas robinao.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 216
NCLady said:
Thanks, ells, for showing me this forum. I'll have fun looking around and getting familiar with the postings. Been a birder from way back. I'm originally from England, but came to US in 1961. Still go back every few years to visit family. It's going to be great to see how many birds I remember from over there. I'm usually at another chat about birds, but you can never have enough.
I AM FROM CHARLESTON, SC. WE ARE NOT FAR AWAY. MAYBE WE CAN COMPARE NOTES SOMETIMES.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back