• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So many chiffchaffs (1 Viewer)

Hi was birdwatching around Lyhner, opposite St Germans and could not believe how many chiffchaffs I saw and heard, I cant recall ever seeing so many, is there some relavence to this? I wonder if it's linked to some weather pattern either here or the continent, I struggle to see how the woods would support that many breeding, especially if we dont have a good summer. Lets hope it's a sign a good summer is coming, maybe they know something we dont!

I also wonder what pressure it will put on some of the resident species?

I agree I'm hearing them absolutely everywhere in the last week or so - even at work where I had no records last year. It has been very warm for April -perhaps this has enticed more than usual over the channel.

Hi David
I went looking for my first Chiff Chaff a few weeks ago. I heard one and was happy but now the treetops are full of them. Somethings happend somewhere.
Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back