• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tawny Frogmouth (1 Viewer)

Lucky enough to have seen them Chris (I didn't bite at the Sex Pistols thread so I thought i'd grip you with this)

cracking birds and they sound even better..........

Australia is one big grip. Beautiful place, Ayer's Rock, Kakadu, the Top End and Darwin, the mulga and mallee etc etc

a wonderful experience.

Bumping into a real big scary man-eating salt water croc - in the wild! - gripping enough?

Go there......

I can't see the Mrs. allowing that somehow - and rightly so. It wouldn't be the same without her (he says, just in case she reads this thread).

Greetings from 'Down-Under'

Hi Guys,

Can I join in this conversation?
Chris, If you ever manage to talk the missus into coming over, you would be welcome to stay in our caravan.....no crocs but Owlet-Nightjars, Common Bronzewings, and the occasional Tawny Frogmouth! 200+ species within 20kms of our block. See the Oz & Asian Gallery

Tom ;)

Thanks for the offer Tom, who knows, if I win the lottery (which I don't actually do), I might take you up on it.

Thanks for bringing the pic to our attention, Chris.

An acquaintance outside of Brisbane has Tawnys who hang about her veranda. She seems to have a very special touch with birds, as the Tawnys will bring their babies for her to see. She also has Magpies who will feed from her hands!

How I'd love to go to Oz and see it for myself!

Once you get here you would find it very cheap because of the currency exchange rate and there would be lots of people like Tom and myself who would help with taking you around and staying over for a while. you could sit on my balcony and see Osprey, Braminy Kite and White-bellied Sea-Eagles in the daytime then at night the Tawny Frogmouth comes around after the moths attracted by the outdoor lights and the Red-headed Flying Foxes twitter and squabble in the Banksia tree outside the window. Lots of other goodies around too.

Stick to looking for Nightjars in England, thats more rewarding than watching that common bird the Frogmouth.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back