• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Origin of Spoonbill at Oare Marshes, Kent, England 21st May 2004 (1 Viewer)

Lancey

Dear all,
I would be grateful for any information regarding the origin of a subadult Spoonbill that was at Oare Marshes from 2:50pm - 4:45pm today. This bird appeared over the high tide and departed high to the south. It bore identical yellow rings with 'AR' in black capitals on a yellow-orange background. These rings were positioned above the knee - as shown in the two photos below.

Thanks very much in advance for your comments.

Lancey

Attachments

• sponbill 003.jpg
    sponbill 003.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 202
  • sponbill 002.jpg
    sponbill 002.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 223
This site should have some answers or point you in the right direction:

http://www.cr-birding.be/

Dave

Just checked, there's an email address for the 'Working-group Spoonbills International' at the site (Scroll right down till you come to the box with Spoonbill in) but I'm reluctant to post it here for obvious reasons. It's one of theirs by the sound of it though (probably a type 4) but without contacting them you won't know which of the following countries it was ringed in because they cover the schemes for Spoonbills in each:

Holland, Germany, Denmark, Croatia, Greeche, Czech-Republic, Serbia, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine and Mauritania.

Last edited:
godwit said:
they cover the schemes for Spoonbills in each:

Holland, Germany, Denmark, Croatia, Greece, Czech-Republic, Serbia, Hungary, Romania, Ukraine and Mauritania.
Let me guess . . . . which of those is (a) closest, and (b) has the most Spoonbills . . . .

Methinks it'll be from Holland ;)

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back