• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Feisol Tripod? (1 Viewer)

Maccas

Hi i would like to know if anyone uses a feisol tripod with the Nikon 300mmf4 and 1.4tc.The Ct 3372 seems overkill to me but am not sure if the ct3342 would be sturdy enough.Hope you can help.
Thanks Ian.

I was looking at these same two tripods for support for my Nikon ED82 scope. After discussions with the owner of 'Really Big Cameras' I selected the 3342. This is about the same sturdiness I had with my Manfrotto 3021 BN but at 1/3 the weight. I'm quite happy with it.

I know that Feisol have added ALR (anti-leg rotation) to their range in the US. It may be worth finding out when these will be available in the UK. The lack of ALR was the reason I swapped my Feisol monopod to a Gitzo at twice the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back