• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hoping to find a little help. (1 Viewer)

wilson13

hi, my dad just gave me an old bushnell monocular. the problem is there is moisture stain in the end lense. i would like it to be fixed and have emailed bushnell. but i am also looking to find out more information of it as well.

this is what reads around the barrel
7 by 25 Bushnell Broadfield 525' field fully coated I-33434 japan (a circle symbol with lines in it).

if someone could tell me more about it, or maybe point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. thanx

7x magnification,
25mm diameter objective lens.
At a distance of 1000 ft an object of 525 ft wide would fill the view edge to edge in the centre. So 29.4 degrees field of view, or about 30.

Personally I would take apart and clean, then reassemble.
But am slightly mad.

7x magnification,
25mm diameter objective lens.
At a distance of 1000 ft an object of 525 ft wide would fill the view edge to edge in the centre. So 29.4 degrees field of view, or about 30.

Personally I would take apart and clean, then reassemble.
But am slightly mad.

Hi SG6,

I don't follow your maths.

I make 525@ approx 10 degree fov.

525'/3 = 175 m/1000m

175/17.5 = 10 degrees
(a rough calc because I don't have a scientific calculator but it's a good estimate)

I suspect you forhot to divide by three so you ended up with the fov three times too big.

Best wishes
Martin

Wilson, SG6, and Martin - I'm looking at a 41 year old Bushnell Sports Optics catalog from my collection. It shows no Broadfield monocular, but it does show the Broadfield binocular 6x25 with a field of 577' based on a 1,000 yard distance. Believe Sg6 meant to write yards rather than feet. The Bushnell custom 7x26 has a field of 368' at a 1,000 yards. Perhaps the 7x25 Broadfield monocular was made earlier than 1969. John

Yep, forgot about the feet and yards mixture. Suppose that metric measurements avoid having to convert.
Must admit that when I did it I was thinking that showing over half of 1000 at 1000 seemed very large and odd.
Just didn't bother to engage the rest of the brain. Must learn to read.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back