• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Belle (1 Viewer)

Angus T

Anyone think they can definitley call this one. Bear in mind that flight times seem irrelevant this year, and season is about 2 weeks ahead of last year, and I thought last year was an earlyish year.

I have my suspicions, but I'll keep them to myself for now so not to cloud your thinking.

Attachments

• belle.jpg
    belle.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 75
I'd have to go with Lead Belle, Angus. That discal spot is fairly centrally placed (and has a bit of a tail coming off it).

I tend to agree Angus, the position and shape of the discal spot look good to me as well. The only feature more July like would be the overall shape of the central band. I'm about 90% in favour of Lead. Professor Plums the Nad consultant would know for certain! ;)

The Drinker said:
Professor Plums the Nad consultant would know for certain!

Harry? I'm sure he'll love you for that one, Ian!
I'm fairly confident it's Lead Belle the "all important" flight period fits as well!

The Drinker said:
I tend to agree Angus, the position and shape of the discal spot look good to me as well. The only feature more July like would be the overall shape of the central band. I'm about 90% in favour of Lead. Professor Plums the Nad consultant would know for certain! ;)

I hope that's not a reference to me Ian, otherwise yours will be the next nads I'll be working on, and without the benefit of anesthetic. lol.

I'm certain it's a Lead Bell, others have already pointed out the definitive features. The flight period is also correct.

Harry.

harry eales said:
I hope that's not a reference to me Ian, otherwise yours will be the next nads I'll be working on, and without the benefit of anesthetic. lol.Harry.

:eek!:

Angus, It's a Lead Belle, 110%, never doubted it for a minute :gn:

The Drinker said:
:eek!:

Angus, It's a Lead Belle, 110%, never doubted it for a minute :gn:
I suppose if we take your 110% now and your 90% from earlier, it averges out at 100% LOL

Thankyou everyone. I already had it down as Lead Belle in the software, but then looking at the text in Skinner made me think it could be the other.

Someone else took take issue with me about ignoring flight times this year. Its just there seems to be the occassional real early one this year, but perhaps that happens every year.

I'm targeting an Irish first tonight of a tortricoid that I thought I saw during day. We'll see what happens ,but my list should be interesting. Won't be as long, just high no. in certain species. All to be revealed tomorrow!!

Angus T said:
I'm targeting an Irish first tonight of a tortricoid that I thought I saw during day. We'll see what happens ,but my list should be interesting. Won't be as long, just high no. in certain species. All to be revealed tomorrow!!

Ooh can't wait!!
As an aside, guess who told me he was going out tonight with his actinic trap hoping to trap Wood Tiger?

CJW said:
Ooh can't wait!!
As an aside, guess who told me he was going out tonight with his actinic trap hoping to trap Wood Tiger?

I have heard that golf courses are the best place to find Tiger Woods. lol.

Harry

CJW said:
He has a better chance of catching him, than the moth!!!

I have never taken Wood Tiger at night with any form of trap, but, I find them by day reasonably frequently on Bogs, Mires, and wet Heather moorland or alternatively on the Northumberland sand dune systems. I think it's a little early for them at present, I usually get them in late June or July, but it's colder here than on the IoM. About 1 in 20 are the 'Hospita' form.

Harry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back