• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paphos Holiday 27th sept. (1 Viewer)

Fow

Hiya,

I am coming out to Paphos on the 27th september for a week, can anybody advise me what birds of prey I am likely to see during this time please? I am likely to spend a day or 2 down at lady mile beach and a day up around Latchi area?

Also, what are the chances of seeing griffons at Kensington Cliffs and if so how or where do I view them?

At Asprokremos dam, can I get round the whole dam? I have only ever been near the top of the dam where the carpark and platform is and have no idea what other areas of the dam there is to view or how to view!!

Please help me out on any of the above if you possibly can and if you can recommend any other sites for general birding, please feel free. I keep reading about Tsada Hills, is this viewable or only open to golfers??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Billy.

By the way, apologies for not seeing or responding to this thread. Generally there isn't much activity here on the Cyprus section of BirdForum, so I check it very infrequently.

But Fow private messaged me and I was happy to respond with information that could help him on his trip.

Cheers.

Paphos

Hi folks,

Likewise, I'm visiting Paphos in Oct for a week commencing 11th. I would be delighted if those familiar with the area could give us some good gen. I've been a few times before and picked up on most of the star birds. I guess its too late for the Demoiselle Cranes but what about Ruppells and Orphean Warbler and Bimaculated Lark. and will I be too early for Greater Sand Plover and Finsch's Wheatear.

Malcolm

Ruppell's and Orphean Warblers are very much hit-or-miss passage migrants. I'd suggest trying Asprokremnos Dam and Minthis Hills area (above Konia). Further up in Akamas is recommended also, but I know less about that as that'd be a 3-hour drive for me coming from Nicosia.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back