• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Choughs North Wales (1 Viewer)

Mannix

Hi, can anyone tell me where I might find the most Northerly Choughs in Wales please? Thing is the day I might get through, time will be a factor so the more Northerly the better for me as I will be travelling from Blackpool.
Cheers.

The most northernly are definately South Stack on Anglesey, however they are some distance out of your way. There are reasonably good chances of seeing some at the Great Orme in Llandudno but for 100% virtual guarantee I would follow the LLeyn peninsular to the very end and look around Mynydd Mawr, nr Aberdaron.It's a long way from the M6 though.

Hi, can anyone tell me where I might find the most Northerly Choughs in Wales please? Thing is the day I might get through, time will be a factor so the more Northerly the better for me as I will be travelling from Blackpool.
Cheers.

You could fly to the Isle of Man from Blackpool. Times and costs may be prohibitive, but worth considering perhaps.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back